Macworld Expo 2006
I switched from desktops and bought the original titanium PowerBook G4 the week after it came out. I loved it. I bought the first 15-inch aluminum PowerBook G4 the day after it came out. I still love it. I’m using it right now.
The MacBook Pro… it just, it isn’t, it’s not quite doing it for me. I guess it’s because my current laptop is still happily chugging away but I also think the specs on the MBP aren’t the kind of shift I was hoping for.
I need more. What more? I don’t even know… but I’ll take a shot:
- The 2GHz Core Duo processor. (Why are the iMacs having all the fun?)
- 1920 by 1200 pixel resolution. (Yes, I can read type that small.)
- AirPort UltraMegaMegaExtreme. (802.11n!)
- More FireWire ports. (One is the loneliest number.)
- Zero card slots. (I’ve never seen anyone use one of these. Ever.)
- “Something Wonderful” (C’mon Apple. Front Row and Photo Booth are snoozers. Blow my mind.)
So yeah. I may wait for the second revision this time around. Or the third. Or consider an iMac. Or simply wait for the next big thing. It should be right around the corner. :)